Orthodontics has interested me because of my complicated treatment that caused me to be in braces for almost 7 years. It amazes me how much of an improvement straight teeth can make not only on someone's self-confidence, but also oral hygiene and function. It is very gratifying treating our patients each day, and I am thankful to be in this profession.
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry, San Francisco, CA
- Certificate for general practice residency – Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center, Bronx, NY
- Orthodontic Internship – U.T. Health Science Center San Antonio, San Antonio, TX
- Master of Science and certificate in orthodontics – A.T. Still University, Mesa, AZ
It is important to stay up to date on the new advancements in orthodontics. I continue to improve and learn by attending courses and lectures at conferences throughout the year. This helps ensure that each patient receives the best treatment for them.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Board of Orthodontics
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
In the Community
I was born and raised in San Jose, California. I went to Andrew P. Hill High for high school where I was the Junior class President and the Commissioner of Spirit. Throughout high school I volunteered at Regional Medical Center and other school events. I then attended UC Davis where I continued to volunteer through the Japanese American Student Society club. While in dental school, I held the positions as the American Student Dental Association (ASDA) Fundraising Chair, District 11 ASDA Planning Committee Sponsorship Chair, and the California Dental Association (CDA) Wellness and Recreation Chair. I was fortunate to do two dental mission trips. One in Cambodia prior to dental school to assist and place sealants, and another in Jamaica where a group of 120 dental students and faculty treated over 1000 patients. Also, I have participated in other dental volunteering events, including CDA Cares and Give Kids a Smile. While in my orthodontic residency, I received the “Best Clinical ABO Case” award. I also treated patients at St. Vincent de Paul which allowed us to treat patients who were not fortunate to afford braces in an outside clinic. Since 2021, I have been authoring the Wired Orthodontics column in the Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontist Bulletin, which is about the latest technology in the orthodontic specialty.
Outside the Office
I love relaxing with my wife, Vanessa, and our three cats, Milo, Shiro, and Kumo. I also enjoy exercising/being outdoors, eating, and learning/making new things.