I truly believe that I am in one of the best professions. As an orthodontist, I am extremely fortunate to work with many great people and work with them in a positive way that will affect them for the rest of their lives. I love what I do for many reasons. The main one is that I want to do the best for my patients to improve their smile, profile, and overall self-confidence. I enjoy working with my hands and paying attention to the detail of every case. The doctors and I are constantly learning from our team and patients. They not only help us to become better orthodontists but also better individuals.
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry
- Certificate for general practice residency – The Queen’s Medical Center, Honolulu
- Master of Science and certificate in orthodontics – University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry
- Three Year Orthodontic Program: Orthodontics Related to Function, Occlusion, and the Cranio-Mandibular System – Interdisciplinary Dental Education Academy (IDEA)
We are constantly involved in continuing education. The doctors and I attend orthodontic conferences and meetings to learn the latest techniques and technology. This benefits our patients, because they receive the most up-to-date treatment. We choose to participate not only because we always want to learn more, but also because, as health professionals, we believe our patients deserve it.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Board of Orthodontics
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- Santa Clara County Dental Society
- South Bay Orthodontic Study Club
- Spear Study Club
In the Community
I was born and raised in San Jose and attended Bellarmine College Preparatory for high school. I have always been involved in community service from a young age. During dental school, I went to Ecuador for a dental mission, and provided dental care for the underserved local population. As part of my orthodontic residency, I traveled to El Salvador for a cleft lip and palate mission trip with Rotaplast International.
Most recently, I am currently on the Board for San Jose Community Youth Service (CYS) and regularly volunteer for various community events, such as the San Jose Obon Festival in Japantown. Our team will give presentations to various school classrooms to help children learn the importance of oral hygiene and orthodontic treatment.
Outside the Office
I currently reside in Campbell with my wife, Diane, and our four children, Liam, Caitlyn, Juliana, and Lillian. I enjoy spending time with my large extended family, watching movies, traveling, and helping my children learn different sports/activities.