I truly believe that I am in one of the best professions. As an orthodontist, I am extremely fortunate to work with many great people and work with them in a positive way that will affect them for the rest of their lives. I love what I do for many reasons. The main one is that I want to do the best for my patients to improve their smile, profile, and overall self-confidence. I enjoy working with my hands and paying attention to the detail of every case. My father and I are constantly learning from our team and patients, too. They not only help us to become better orthodontists but also better individuals.
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry
- Certificate for general practice residency – The Queen’s Medical Center, Honolulu
- Master of Science and certificate in orthodontics – University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry
We are constantly involved in continuing education. My father and I always attend orthodontic conferences and meetings to learn the latest techniques and technology. This benefits our patients because they receive the most up-to-date treatment. We choose to participate not only because we always want to learn more, but also because, as health professionals, we believe we owe it to our patients.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- Santa Clara County Dental Society
- South Bay Orthodontic Study Club
- Spear Study Club
In the Community
I was born and raised in San Jose and attended Bellarmine College Preparatory for high school. I have always been involved in community service from a young age. Past activities have included volunteering at church events, tutoring children, helping the elderly and mentally disabled, and doing dental screenings at through Give Kids a Smile and at the Special Olympics.
During dental school, I went to Ecuador for a dental mission, and provided dental care for the underserved local population. As part of my orthodontic residency, I traveled to El Salvador for a cleft lip and palate mission trip with Rotaplast International. Most recently, I volunteered for the San Jose Obon Festival in Japantown.
Outside the Office
I currently reside in Campbell with my wife, Diane, and our children, Liam, Caitlyn, Juliana, and Lillian. I enjoy spending time with my large extended family, watching movies, playing sports, working out, and traveling.